Updated on June 22, 2020
This article answers frequently asked questions about IJAMinecraft. The main questions answered here are:
- What does IJAMinecraft stand for?
- Are you from Germany?
- What languages do you speak?
- When did you start playing Minecraft?
- Can I record your Minecraft creations for videos?
- Does your creation run in my Minecraft edition or version?
- How do you create your videos?
- How long do you work on a video?
- Can I get the software you use for your comparisons?
- Where can I send you my fan art?
1. What does IJAMinecraft stand for?
I searched for a good name for quite some time at the beginning. First, I wanted to name the channel MinecraftIsJustAwesome, but that was a bit too long. That's why I settled on abbreviating IsJustAwesome to simply IJA! And like that, the name IJAMinecraft was born!
2. Are you from Germany?
3. What languages do you speak?
I'm currently proficient in 2 languages: German and English. Though I recently started learning Spanish, which I'll hopefully be able to understand soon enough!
4. When did you start playing Minecraft?
I started playing back in early 2011. I believe it was the Beta version 1.2_2! Though my first Minecraft account was only created on March 31st, 2011, when Beta 1.4 was released.
5. Can I record your Minecraft creations for videos?
In general, everyone can record, play or showcase my Minecraft creations on YouTube or other websites, as long they provide proper credit! For more information, about how you should credit me, check out my Copyright page. Besides that, most of my Minecraft creations have a license text file included somewhere, which can give you further information about how you can use that specific creation!
6. Does your creation run in my Minecraft edition or version?
Whenever I release a Minecraft creation, I mention in the video and on my website in which Minecraft editions and versions the creation works! In general, most of my Minecraft creations and tutorials work in Java Edition only, though!
7. How do you create your videos?
I currently record gameplay with Nvidia Shadowplay and other footage using OBS. I put all the footage into Camtasia Studio, which I use to edit, add subtitles, and render the video! I record my voice using Audacity, which I also use to filter out the noise and compress the audio! To create my thumbnails, I use Gimp!
8. How long do you work on a video?
I probably put in around 30 hours of work for normal videos. Though, some videos (like my comparison videos) can take up to 60 hours apiece. This includes research, creating images, and writing the actual program to visualize the stuff. That number may be even higher if it's a timelapse! The required work very much depends on the kind of video!
9. Can I get the software you use for your comparisons?
I write a program for each of the comparison videos. I don't plan on releasing the programs, as they're not very polished! Also, they would only allow for creating videos that would be very similar to the video I already made. So, what's the point?