Updated on May 11, 2020
This article answers frequently asked questions about IJAMinecraft. The main questions answered here are:
- What does IJAMinecraft stand for?
- Are you from Germany?
- What languages do you speak?
- When did you start playing Minecraft?
- Can I record your Minecraft creations for videos?
- Does your creation work in my Minecraft edition or version?
- How do you create your videos?
- How long do you work on a video?
- Can I get the software you use for your visualizations?
- Where can I send you my fan art?
1. What does IJAMinecraft stand for?
Before I created the YouTube channel IJAMinecraft, I searched for a good name for quite some time. First, I wanted to name the channel MinecraftIsJustAwesome, but the name ended up a bit too long for my tastes, so I settled on abbreviating IsJustAwesome to simply IJA! And just like that, the name IJAMinecraft was born!
2. Are you from Germany?
3. What languages do you speak?
I'm currently proficient in 2 languages: German and English. Though I recently started learning Spanish, which I'll hopefully be able to understand soon enough!
4. When did you start playing Minecraft?
I started playing back in early 2011 in, what I think, was the Beta version 1.2_2! Though my first Minecraft account was only created on March 31st, 2011, when Beta 1.4 was released.
5. Can I record your Minecraft creations for videos?
In general, everyone can record, play or showcase my Minecraft creations on YouTube or other websites, as long they provide proper credit! For more information, about what you can use and how you should credit me, check out my Copyright page. Besides that, most of my Minecraft creations have a license text file included somewhere, which can give you further information about how you can use that specific creation!
6. Does your creation work in my Minecraft edition or version?
Whenever I release a Minecraft creation, I mention in the video and the page featuring the creation on my website, which Minecraft editions and versions the creation works with! In general, most of my Minecraft creations and tutorials work in Java Edition only though!
7. How do you create your videos?
I currently record any gameplay I use with Nvidia Shadowplay and other footage using OBS. I put all the footage into Camtasia Studio, which I use to edit, add subtitles and render the video! I record my voice using Audacity, which I also use to filter out noise and compress the audio! For my thumbnails, I currently use Gimp to create them!
8. How long do you work on a video?
For a normal video, I probably put in around 30 hours of work. Though, some videos (like my comparison videos) can take over 50 hours a piece, which includes research, creating images and writing the actual program to visualize the stuff. That number may be even higher if it's a timelapse! The hours very much depend on the kind of video!
9. Can I get the software you use for your visualizations?
I write a program for each of the visualization videos. I don't plan on releasing the programs, as they're not very polished! Also, they are very specific to each video and would probably only allow for creating videos that would look 90% similar to the videos I already made, unless you change much of the source code.